We aim to be a loving and welcoming Christian community: honouring God in worship, following Christ in our lives and participating in his mission.
The Parish Office, 1 Halmer Gate, Spalding, Lincolnshire, PE11 2DR
Tel 01775 722772
The Parish Office is closed to visitors. We can receive phone calls and emails.
The original parish registers of St. Mary & St. Nicolas dating from 1538 have been deposited at Lincolnshire Archives,St Rumbold Street,Lincoln,LN2 5AB.
Tel: 01522 782040. or email
This is the list of records they hold
Two other Church of England churches, St. John's and St. Paul's were built during the late 19th century, so their parish records date from this period.
There are several churches of other denominations in Spalding whose records are either are still kept on the premises or are at Lincolnshire Archives.
The churchyard was closed for burials in 1858, so after that date all parish internments took place at Spalding Cemetery in Pinchbeck Road.
A record of all the existing gravestones in the cemetery is available at Spalding Library in Victoria Street, Spalding, PE11 1EA.
The official cemetery records may be consulted at
South Holland District Council, Priory Road, Spalding, PE11 2XE or email
Civil registration began in 1838, so all information in the registers from this date may also be obtained from either the Local Registration Office or the
General Register Office,PO Box 2, Southport, PR8 2JD